Creative Brooding

Welcome to my blog. My name is Pat O'Connor and I wanted to create one little spot where I could share feelings, thoughts, even ramble if I want to. Perhaps too, reveal a side of me very few know about. If there are two words I would use to describe myself, those two would be iconoclastic and eclectic.

Thursday, October 13, 2005


Why Must It Be So

Here is my very first attempt at writing from my heart. my daugher found it tonight, and I didnt even think I still had a copy:

WHY MUST IT BE SO

The soul is an empty shell. The heart is lonely, it breaks with pain. Hurt, battered and worn with time, it continues it's anguished beat.

For a fleeting moment, love had entered in and at last it could exclaim, "I have found the one for me!" But then as the black clouds of despair covered the sun, the brief, flickering flame died out; and all was cast into cold.

The heart cried out in bitter agony, "Why, why, oh my God must it be so? Why must I always be alone, so all alone? I can not long continue my lonely vigil for the pillars of my temples crumble in the wake of my enemy...loneliness. I bleed fatally with pain, hurt and agaony! Please, I beg, lift me up from this dark and forbidden sea."

The storm raged relentlessly, lashing out it's cruel and bitter fury and the desolate heart. Pain, agony and despair grew, and Grew, and GREW.... until... all was quiet... tranquility prevailed.... the war was over.

The heart lay still, it was alive... but dead. It was forever destined to continue it's lonely, ever so lonely life.

And all it asked was.... Why, Why must it be so?

11/13/1969

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home