Creative Brooding

Welcome to my blog. My name is Pat O'Connor and I wanted to create one little spot where I could share feelings, thoughts, even ramble if I want to. Perhaps too, reveal a side of me very few know about. If there are two words I would use to describe myself, those two would be iconoclastic and eclectic.

Saturday, March 18, 2006


Sometimes, even when you least expect it, you remember the haunting loneliness of your heart.

So many forgotten memories wander through your mind, memories of a distant life where there was, if only briefly, the beauty and joy of a young love. It was a time when the hopeful anticipation of an innocent heart yearned for the fulfillment of its destiny.

Even now as you slip further and further into the darkness and are so lost in the darkness of your mind, I remember.

I remember the gentleness of your spirit

the warmth of your smile

the sparkle of your eyes

the boundless depth of your soul

even the passion of your love

Or...maybe it was just an illusion, maybe it was only a shadow cast against a faded and decaying wall.

Maybe I just wanted it to be, so I could pretend.

Was I ever really so naive as to believe that love was truely eternal?

Does it ever make any sense? Does the sadness ever really go away?

Or is it simply that the rhapsody of life is destined to remain only a requiem of sorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home